PFA heat trace cable is a high temperature constant wattage heating cable. The entire cable construction employs Dupont PFA Teflon® which is unaffected by chemicals and solvents that may cause rapid deterioration of other plastics and all but the most expensive metal alloys. High resistance to moisture, flame, and radiation is also realized. Optional nickel plated buss wire is available for maximum thermal and corrosion protection.
The constant wattage heating design provides uniform heat as the wattage remains the same, regardless of circuit length. The cable heating zones are hand soldered and inspected to maintain 100% contact with the buss wires. The parallel resistance cable can be cut and terminated on site eliminating the need for inventories of different size heaters.
- Supply Power: 120, 240, 480 Volts
- Wattage: 2, 5, 9, 17 Watts per Foot
- Module Length 24″
- Maximum Circuit Length 720′
- Continuous Operating Temperature: 450º F (232º C)
- Maximum Exposure Temperature: 500º F (260º C)
- Dielectric Strength: Spark Test 4000 VAC
- Buss Wire: 2/C #12 AWG Tin Coated Stranded Copper*
- Buss Insulation: PFA Teflon® Extruded Jacket
- Binder: PFA Teflon® Extruded in a Figure-8 Design
- Heating Element: Nickel Chromium Resistive Wire
- Jacket: PFA Teflon® Extruded Overall
- Approvals: UL
*2/C #12 Nickel Plated Stranded Copper (Optional)